On Wed, 2007-07-11 at 16:32 +0300, ext Mika Yrjölä wrote:
> On 7/11/07, Frantisek Dufka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Igor Stoppa wrote:
> > > I certainly will run my tablet at higher speed and/or lower voltage;
> > > finland makes it unlikely to incur in heating problems ;-)
> >
> > CPU temperature sensor might be useful to guess the limit and cut the
> > speed down in case one is not in Finland :-) Is there one?
>
> I noticed something that looked like a pseudofile for a temperature
> sensor somewhere under the /sys awhile back, can't remember the exact
> path right now, though. Neither do I have any idea whether the values
> there are useful; they looked a bit like temperature in Centigrades *
> 1000 or something and did change, but that doesn't mean that they're
> accurate, change in linear fashion etc.

I don't know about that, the idea didn't go beyond checking the POP
sectioin of the TRM. But it would be great to be able to save some more
by lowering the voltage of each OP.

Unfortunately I don't see it happening in an official release as it
would require lots of validations to be accepted without the support
from the silicon manufacturer.

--
Cheers, Igor

Igor Stoppa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
(Nokia Multimedia - CP - OSSO / Helsinki, Finland)