Hi Fernando,

I came closer to the problem. It seems to me, that not the gtkrc.cache
file is broken, but the
-rw-r--r--    1 user     users          25 Jun 29 14:30
current-gtk-key-theme
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           28 Sep 21 21:45
current-gtk-key-theme.cache
-rw-r--r--    1 user     users          50 Jun 29 14:30
current-gtk-theme
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           52 Sep 21 21:45
current-gtk-theme.cache
-

cache files in /home/user/.osso

are missing. They are not recached by the actual hildon-theme-cacher
anymore. (It is disabled in the source
// uncommented patch for maetronom, detlef
//         g_unsetenv ("GTK2_RC_FILES");

(I reenabled it, so 0.4.1 is working again for me, and added postinst to
recache everything including .osso files)

I have the files on the project maetronome and the bug report for
maetronome in
https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1189&group_id=152&atid=637

This is not a solution up to now.

By the way, the hildon-theme-cacher can only be installed in red pill
mode. Otherwize the app installer tells me: incompatible package. What
is the reason for that. How does the app installer decide, that red pill
mode is needed?