"ext Marius Vollmer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> We change the code.  Simple.  Providing unneeded context is bad in my
> opinion, and the way we do it with the logical ids is excessivly ugly.

Also, we provide excessive context, but not very relevant context.
Take "ai_bd_new_repository_ok" as an example: What does it matter that
this is the Application Manager asking you whether it is OK to add a
new repository?  The relvant context is that it's a OK/Cancel dialog,
and that could be encoded with just "confirm|OK", maemo-wide.  A
dialog that just requires ackowledgement could use "acknowledge|OK".

Doing cleanup work like this would actually increase the quality of
translations, I would expect, because the UI speccer could choose a
well-known, meaningful context in most cases, instead of just making
every string unique.

Ok I should shut up now...