On ITT I have noticed person X,Y,and Z say that they are interested in
various topics like location services or PIM and would be spending time
investigating those topics.

So far I mostly see this forum get used for very specific technical
questions.  It might be useful to form  public but smaller, more casual
communities for people to bounce ideas off of each other and exchange
code (not necessarily on the same project,) maybe even coming up with
libraries organically.

Does this already happen?  If not is this something people would want?

I have too many projects so I don't know how soon I would be using it
personally. :(  But I thought I would bring it up.

--Sarah