On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 01:01:18PM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Nov 2007, Ville Syrjälä wrote:
>
> > I'm using a 64bit Gentoo system for maemo development at work and I have
> > 32bit and 64bit Gentoo systems at home which also have the SDK installed.
> > There's no need for a 32bit chroot as the 32bit scratchbox binaries work
> > just fine on a 64bit Gentoo system.
>
> But what if I wanted both Maemo 3.x and 4.x?

I haven't tried using the free SDKs in parallel but AFAICS it should
work. You simple have different targets for each SDK. One somewhat
nasty issue with this arrangement is that you can't use more than one
target simultaneosly. Sometimes that is rather frustrating when you're
working on something in one target with multiple sessions open and then
you need to switch to another target just for a quick test (or
something). In that case you need to close all scratchbox sessions before
you can actually switch the target. The chrooted way should probably
allow more than one active target. Another way would be to create
additional users on the host system but that isn't really a nice solution
since it creates additional hassles with file permissions and whatnot.

> > The scratchbox ebuilds I'm using were
> > originally made by Priit Laes (IIRC) and I've made some small modifications
> > and kept them updated with new scratchbox releases. I've attached the
> > ebuilds in case someone wants to take a look.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Are these patches/modifications likely to make there way into the Sunrise
> overlays?

I don't use any overlays nor have I submitted the ebuilds to anyone for
inclusion. I wouldn't even know who to contact actually. If someone wants
to do that they can have my blessing :)

If memory serves the actual modifications I made include (at least):
- Rename the ebuilds to include -bin in the name
- Add the host-gcc toolchain to the scratchbox-bin ebuild
- Additional ebuilds for new scractbox packages

--
Ville Syrjälä
[EMAIL PROTECTED]