On Fri, 2007-11-23 at 14:02 +0000, ext Graham Cobb wrote:
> On Friday 23 November 2007 12:45:08 Andrea Grandi wrote:
>
> > I've read, and read, and read again the documentation:
> > http://pymaemo.garage.maemo.org/documentation/pymaemo_tutorial/python_maemo
> >_howto.html#link22
> >
> > but the problem is always the same: generated .deb file doesn't
> > contain the binaries :(
>
> I am by no means an expert on Debian packaging but I do produce about 30
> packages for four different Maemo versions so I have fought against some of
> these issues myself and I feel your pain!  You may be pleased to know that I
> also often find that I think I have done everything right and the logs all
> look fine but it turns out the package doesn't contain the files I expected!
>
> I strongly recommend reading the Debian New Maintainers Guide
> (http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/) and the man pages for the debhelper
> commands which do the work (such as dh_install).

Then please raise them up here. We have debian developers here and I
guess they will help.
I'm just not into python packaging but I can help with other things ;-)

> > Once again, I post you debian/rules: http://pastebin.ca/794774
> > and debian/control: http://pastebin.ca/794777
>
> In your particular case I am confused about how you are trying to get
> the
> files into the package directories.  You do not call either
> dh_movefiles or
> dh_install in the binary-arch target of your debian/rules (actually
> dh_install is there but commented out).
>
> I suggest you uncomment dh_install and add some
> debian/packagename.install
> files to control which files are installed into which of the two
> packages.
> Use the manpage for dh_install.

I guess dh_install is a overkill here ? Just install to debian/flickrapi
It worked fine for me.

I mainly use dh_install if I'm building multiple packages from the same
tarball so I install to debian/tmp and dh_install is my hero (-:

> Of course, you are creating python libraries so the files you install
> will be
> different.  You may also need to use dh_pysupport and/or dh_pycentral
> -- I
> don't know anything about python!

Or the debian python policy:
http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/python-policy/