On 12/18/07, Ross Burton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-12-18 at 19:41 +0200, Michael Stepanov wrote:
> > I need to create a simple installer which should install my
> > application and its dependencies. As I saw it's impossible to specify
> > more than one package which should be installed in the Application
> > Manager script - *.install (I can be wrong BTW). Another way is to
> > create a meta-package but it's again impossible to install all
> > packages listed in its section Depends.
>
> Why is it impossible to create a dummy package which depends on all of
> the packages you need installed?  In fact, why doesn't your application
> depend on everything it needs anyway?

I'd like to provide for users a simplest way to install my application. As I
know Application Manager just display the error about missing dependencies
but not install them automatically (at least in OS2007)! So, I'd like to
create some installer which add all needed repositories and install all
needed dependencies without user interaction. I found some example of
osso-xterm (
http://maemotalk.feelslikeburning.com/2006/04/27/metapackage-osso-xterm/).
It includes binaries of following packages - osso-xterm, tiny-vim, slocate
and openSSH. But in my case I prefer not put all needed binaries into one
package because it'll make maintaining of them too difficult.

As I understand *.install file can contain one package only. Or I'm wrong?
If it allows to specify there more than one package it'll be enough for me.

Ross

--
Cheers,
Michael