> I'm not sure but think it is because of gnome-vfs. Don't know proper
> terminology but maybe each vfs 'provider' in the dialog (like mmc, phone
> etc.) starts new process or something like that.
>
> That sounds correct. I experimented with other dialogs that do no involve
filesystem access (NamePasswordDialog, SortDialog), and they do not fork any
extra processes.

So this behavior seems valid for FileChooserDialog. But then I should be
able to cleanup those extra processes when I am done with the
FileChooserDialog. I called destroy() on the dialog object, but that doesn't
help.

--
---
Jayesh