Jayesh Salvi wrote:
> I guess there isn't much to do - for an app programmer at least. I found
> the same behavior with osso_pdfviewer. It also uses hildon's
> FileChooserDialog. But even before that dialog is invoked, multiple
> processes are forked. ... and they do not disappear until their parent
> exits.

I think once they are initialized they don't go away since you may
actually need them if user clicks some file in the dialog which is
'provided' by them.

> They keep occupying the same amount of memory as their parent.
> This is really taxing on my n770.
>
> If this is the default behavior of gnome-vfs based GTK apps, then I hope
> it gets improved for embedded devices.

BTW, are you sure the memory situation is really worse because of this?
If yes then maybe this is specific to python. In C forked process does
not add much memory overhead because memory pages in childs are shared
with the parent until they are modified. So I guess when programming in
C this is not a big issue so nobody cared so far.

Frantisek