Frantisek Dufka wrote:
> Thank you. So Chinook and os2008 is different thing now. Chinook is the
> SDK and os2008 has sources to (latest only?) firmware image. That's nice
> and makes sense. Perhaps os2008 repository is there also to provide
> those planned non-monolithic OS updates in future?

Hi,

Sorry about the naming. We had painted ourself in the corner by naming
our SDK repository "chinook", and now we had to get our somehow.

Chinook is still the code name for OS2008, and not the SDK. And, the
os2008 repository is not the place for official updates to components
--- they will be released from a signed .nokia.com repository.

We set out to publish new versions of sources for Chinook. As the APIs
of OS2008 hadn't changed, we did not see a reason to publish an update
to SDK. As we had previously placed SDK binaries and sources, and OS2008
sources in the same repository, placing the new sources in the same tree
would've been confusing: for some packages downloading binaries and
sources would give you different versions!

So, we decided to create a new repository for only the sources. Perhaps
a better name for the repository would've been os2008-sources, or
chinook-updates, or os2008-updates, or... But in the end from the many
good choices that my team gave, I decided that os2008 is the best.

For the next version we are designing a new repository structure that
will accomodate SDK, SDK sources, firmware sources, updates to firmware
sources, and updates to SDK in a uniform way.

Best regards,
Terje Bergström