Reggie Suplido schrieb:
> I guess the big news today is that Nokia is acquiring Trolltech:
> http://trolltech.com/28012008/28012008
>
> How do you think will this improve/affect Maemo?

I have to admit: I don't get Nokia.

So they invest in Maemo for several years, which is based on GTK.

Now they buy Trolltech, which is developing Qt, the "competitor" to GTK.

They also invest in three different (and more or less competing) browser
engines: Minomo/Mozilla (the new Maemo browser engine), Opera (the old
Maemo browser engine and used in several of their phones) and GTK
Webkit/KHTML (used for some of their phones).

While it's ok to keep all options open, it doesn't look like much of a
strategy right now.

Regards,

Hanno