Hi,

> Welcome to the world of large, multi-national companies. I don't
> imagine Nokia's M&A teams were particularly mindful of the Qt/Gtk
> distinction in Maemo when they made the acquisition.

Yes, of course I'm aware of the dynamics inside a huge company.

But Nokia is a technology company, so I presumed that they do have a
strategy and now it seems that they don't. Or they can't decide on which
route to go and so they buy into all routes they can go.

The money that Nokia now spends on Trolltech could have been used to
assemble a killer team of own developers doing framework development. I
thought that Maemo was just that, an experiment to build an open source
framework that later might be used to develop closed-source phone
applications on top of it. Maemo turned out really nice and Nokia has
done great work for GTK so far.

But now that they "bought" the competing framework, this armchair
developer gets the impression that the experiment has failed. Has it?

Regards,

Hanno