> Well, it is (to me) more a question of C vs C++. I started with C about
> twenty years ago and liked it a lot. But some of the features of C++ in
> addition with Qt are IMHO more "elegant", if you use a OO toolkit with
> an OO language like C++. E.g. methods overloading (which is really nice).

Gtk has been bound for a huge number of languages, including vala,
c++, ruby, python, c#, perl, ada, d, haskell, ocaml, pascal, php,
pike, tcl, and euphoria. [1]

The old "I like [Toolkit X] better because it's [language of the
week]" argument hasn't had any steam for quite some time.

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gtk#Programming_languages

--
"My Universe is my eyes and my ears. Anything else is hearsay."  --The
ruler of the Universe