Levi Bard schrieb:
> Gtk has been bound for a huge number of languages, including vala,
> c++, ruby, python, c#, perl, ada, d, haskell, ocaml, pascal, php,
> pike, tcl, and euphoria. [1]

Of course, I know this. I dug a little into python and gtk on maemo
(which seems nice), but I tend toward using a compiler language for most
of my applications. Sometimes I think I would be better off with python.

> The old "I like [Toolkit X] better because it's [language of the
> week]" argument hasn't had any steam for quite some time.

I really don't want to say this. You can blame me that I haven't looked
ad gtkmm. But it's more all the tutorials are in C, so I go to use C. I
personally want to use the _native_ language on a system. And really:
gtk offers me everything I want. But sometimes I think "this would be a
little more elegant with a native OO language". The gtk developers did a
great job without any doubt.

This are just my 2 cents,

-Klaus

--