>> GRE is the Gecko Runtime Environment,
>> which under scratchbox is setup in the /dist/bin folder of the VMWare
>> device. I now suppose the question is, is there a GRE already in the
>> rootfs somewhere that i need to specify to the GRE_HOME= ,
>>

> This too can be answered w/ google (as mentioned in one of the links in
> my previous email, which sorta cross paths with the one to which I'm now
> replying)
>

>> or do i need
>> to copy all these files somewhere to get the TestGtkEmbed working?
>>

> There is one (ibid)
>
> https://garage.maemo.org/svn/browser/mozilla/trunk/microb-engine/microb-
> engine/debian/patches/125_MICROB_autoset_grehome_display.diff
> +    export GRE_HOME="/usr/lib/microb-engine"
>
> But again, the question is what's your goal. Do you want to use the one
> that ~worked so well~ in scratchbox, or do you want ot use the one that
> is shipped w/ the device. The choice is yours :).

I would like to use the one shipped with the device, to keep any
installed files to a minimum.

I've patched run-mozilla.sh with the diff file linked above. This sets
the GRE_HOME for you so my command line becomes ./run-mozilla.sh
./TestGtkEmbed. I couldn't find the ibid file / llibrary you mention.
The closest match is a libid3-3.8.so.3 which is already installed on the
device. With the above command line i now get "Couldn't find GTKMozEmbed
symbols", but i guess this has something to do with the ibid file?