Hi there,

I request that future versions of the maemo VMware image be resized to
at least 15GB and preferably 20GB. I say this because I just did that
for my VM.

Follow these steps to grow the VM:
1. edit the vmdl file header to change the adapter type form"(null)" to
"ide" and add null chacters to end of the test section to keep the rest
of the file ok. (I did this be dd'ing out a 1024 byte section to edit
and then reinserting it with conv=notrunc)
2.use vmware-vdisk-manager from the free (as in beer) VMware server to
grow the disk to the desired size.
3. boot the VM from a CD or ISO of a liveCD with parted (I used puppy linux)
4. use gnu parted or something else to resize the VM partitions

BTW, using vdiskmanager to switch to one of the 2Gb split disk types
would be good as well. It makes things convenient when your doing things
on a FAT32-formatted USB drive. using the pre-allocated disk type is
supposed to be faster, but I'm not concerned about that.  I do know that
pre-allocated images compress with Winzip to be smaller than their
uncompressed sparse counterparts. Just be sure to use the multi-volume
option.

be sure to make a backup copy of the VM before attempting this.

Sincerely,
Jason