Jussi wrote:
> Josh mentioned .browser already. I just wanted to add a piece
> of advice:
>  Don't even think about modifying browser settings from your
> application. Your users will hate you for that. Embedding the mozilla
> engine is a better solution if you really want total control
> of the UI.

Oh yes. I should have said that, and I'd like to thank Jussi for noting
it.

Your programs should *never* make changes to these files (a package
which clearly only changes a single setting which a user must manually
install individually is different). Users absolutely do not expect it,
and the results are always bad.

I'm usually fairly good about yelling at developers internally who
indicate some plan to change browser files (or bookmarks files), and I
think I did tell people on this list not to do it in other threads. I'm
sorry if anyone got the idea that changing these files was somehow an
endorsed or reasonable idea.