Thanks for your advice.
 Though maemo is based on GTK+, I think it is a little bit different.  I wrote
a simple app and used gtkrc to change the color of a button when being
active.  In ubuntu it works fine while it has no effect when ported to maemo(
a default style button is shown instead
).  I wish I didn't miss something important in gtkrc.  Or is there some other
alternative way to achieve widget style customizatino?  Wish to hear
your reply, thanks in advance.