Are you asking for more examples of non-kernel code that we can't modify?

Unless I just haven't found them, there's also no way to build the dsp
gstreamer plugins (lack of osso-dsp-headers-rx-44.)

I filed a bug related to the behavior of these plugins, and I don't know
enough to be certain the bug is inside the dsp plugins themselves, but
it would be easier to poke around if they could be repackaged to run on
a live system.