Hi,

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 10:30 AM, Simon Pickering
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Quoting Frantisek Dufka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> Jose Manrique Lopez de la Fuente wrote:
>>> Is the irc meeting log available somewhere?
>>>
>> Something is here
>> http://maemo.org/maemo-meeting/maemo-meeting-2008-05-13.html
>> but it appears to be cut at midnight. I couldn't attend so actually I'm
>> not sure if there was anything interesting past midnight.
>>

> Regarding what we're doing at LinuxTag, we didn't get round to
> discussing that (at least not by 11:45 GMT+1 when Quim wrapped up and
> people started leaving). We'll have to reschedule a chat about that.
>
> Hopefully a more complete log is available as Quim kept answering the
> backlog of questions up until that point (i.e. beyond the end of that
> log).
>
> We'll also have to think about a better way of organising IRC meetings
> - it must have been rather painful for Quim writing answers to
> questions asked ~10min previously, and then missing the comments
> people made as he answered (and also confusing for people asking
> questions, wondering why they weren't being answered straight away).
> Someone suggested a separate chat channel and a channel simply for
> questions.

http://dberkholz.wordpress.com/2008/05/13/how-to-run-an-effective-meeting-on-irc/

Some tips on how they do meetings for Gentoo...

An agenda that is set before hand (such as the list of questions
already compiled) would probably have been more effective for one
person to really answer properly. It does mean that spur-of-the-moment
things sometimes need to be squashed, but if this is going to be a
regular (or more than one time) thing then they can always be added to
the next agenda.

Moderated voice in the channel is probably also more effective as
there was a lot of off topic conversation that didn't need to be
there. At least people can then take the time to say something in full
without ten lines of off topic conversation in between. Also helps
when reviewing the conversation after.

Just my 2 cents

> Regards,
>

> Simon