Simon

> Atm we have to use ALSA to produce A2DP output, is the data sent
> thought here simply piped straight into sbcenc running standalone?

the alsa plugin with most of the bluez logic is a shared object, so
the alsa audio client is effectively transmitting directly to the
headset.

> I'd like to make sure that the people who currently use it (e.g. from
> mplayer) are also able to continue doing so using the DSP.
>
> Certainly a GStreamer wrapper is next on the list of ToDos after I
> stop the DSP from crashing ;).

unlike the alsa plugin, the gstreamer stuff breaks up the problem.
There is one gstreamer component for encoding and a separate one for
transmission. You wouldn't have to change the transmission part.

--
Brad