On Sun, Jun 08, 2008 at 06:57:05AM +0100, Faheem Pervez wrote:
> I've made a compile of carwhisperer for the maemo platform (
> http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20780). The app
> itself seems to work (from what I can tell anyway) but there is one problem
> with this.
>
> This program works on the principle of default security pins and the program
> comes with a script to do just this. I've added in the pin_helper
> configuration option in the hcid.conf and on a standard Linux system running
> BlueZ, this works. However, on the OSSO versions of BlueZ, this doesn't
> work.

I think modern versions of hcid always use dbus to show the PIN dialog.
On my laptop the 'pin_helper' option is not even mentioned in
hcid.conf's manual page any more.

'strings `which hcid`|grep pin_helper' returns no hits either.

Marius Gedminas
--
Did you hear that the author of _Nitpicking for Dummies_ has just
received it back from the publisher with the 182nd set of editorial