On Sat, 19 Jul 2008, John wrote:

> What I'd really like to do is write a dead simple program (language TBD)
> that keeps the daemon up and then reads the NMEA and processes it. It would
> be neat if all the control stuff didn't require the libraries so that the
> GPS just looked like a std linux input to a shell script, python, C or
> whatever.

http://andrew.triumf.ca/N810/gpstest/

Needs a bit of work re. processing. You have to keep polling the GPS else
a watchdog turns it off; my dead simple program turned it on OK but then
it quit.

I was going to make a version of demo5 with a timeout to do a "lojack"
function.

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada