From Tue, 22 Jul 2008 01:40:25 +0300
Marius Gedminas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > So far my packages
> > install a few files in /usr/share/doc/${pkg}/ and for some reason
> > they are not autoremoved.
> Did you use apt to install them, or did you use dpkg directly?
I use Application Manager, clicking in browser on a .deb file and then
app manager is launched and installs the .deb.

However, now I understand why the directories under /usr/share/doc
sometimes disappears "by magic", it seems docpurge was launched when I
installed something from the repositories :-)

Looks like Application Manager also uses dpkg when installing a single
deb file. I tried to put the .deb to my own private repository and
voila - no doc files :)

> If you're building a package specifically for Maemo, then by all means
> remove the docs from the deb!  You'll reduce the download size, and
> save some flash memory from wearing out sooner.
I realise this, but most debs contain anyway at least the the changelog.

Anyway, thanks for explanation :-)

--
Andrew