On Sat, 26 Jul 2008, Dr. Nicholas Shaw wrote:

> I ran chmod and checked the permissions and - still no execute bits.
> Thinking it had something to do with the external card, I moved the entire
> directory to the internal card - same thing.

By default both cards are mounted VFAT file systems. No execute bits
available on vfat. If you need considerable space for your development ( >
what's available on the root filesystem) you could consider creating an
ext2 filesystem on the external card.

Best regards,

Jac

---
  Jac Kersing            Technical Consultant   The-Box Development
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]     CISSP   RHCE        http://www.the-box.com