Kalle,

thanks for sharing that info. That suggests to me that there may be a
performance security tradeoff when using the N800/N810 with encryption.
Is the software implementation of the AES algorithm fast enough to be
useable without noticing a performance degradation on the N800? I
surmise that the use of TKIP (RC4 based) encryption would be faster
although less secure than AES/CCMP. Do you know if there is any
noticeable degradation with AES?

Also, is the "wpa_supplicant" a standard part of the Nokia OS200X or is
it a maemo garage type of software component?

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Acadia Secure Networks, LLC