ext Aniello Del Sorbo wrote:
> Xournal has already been inserted in the list of proposed Fremantle apps.

In an ideal world, a team of excellent developers would collaborate
bringing to Maemo the definitive sketching app thought for a portable
touchscreen always connected.

Ignoring philosophies and underlying technologies, all the elements are
there in good open source and community mood:

Liqbase: http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/liqbase/

MaemoPad+: http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/maemopadplus/

My paint:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/2008/04/04/transformative-apps-for-the-internet-tablet/

Xournal: http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/xournal/

And few days ago there were these screenshots of some kind of Inkscape
lite (couldn't find the link).

More?

Add real time online collaboration (like Inkscape has) and something to
blur the borders with pictures (like Xournal blurs borders with PDFs)
and you would have the ultimate creative tool in your pocket.

Is this technically insane? Probably, but users don't care.  :)

If a team would come up with such love story we would do our best
getting the additional support needed to make it happen. The alternative
scenario of having to choose 1-2 of these projects to get half way is
less enticing.

--
Quim Gil
marketing manager, open source