Vladislav Grinchenko wrote:
> Looks like you need to install targets in addition to scratchbox itself.
> You need at least i386, but most likely would need ARMEL to build native
> binaries. If you have them installed, run 'sb-menu' and select a target.
> Selecting a target configures scratchbox by making a number of symbolic
> links.
>
> I run maemo SDK on Fedoras since day one with no problems so far.
>
> If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
>
> --Vlad
>

> On Thu, 2008-10-23 at 12:25 -0500, Darren Enns wrote:
>
>> Fred wrote:

>>> Your error shows a path outside of scratchbox ...
>>> I know I have a load of hair pulled out because of SELinux so ...
>>> But if SELinux is disabled ...
>>>
>>> Fred
>>>
>> You probably know better than me, but I think that the 'appearance' of a
>> referral to a path outside scratchbox is just an illusion i.e.
>> "/scratchbox" doesn't actually exist at the root level on my 'real' box
>> as this appears.
>>
>> It is interesting that on my Debian-based 'scratchbox' environment (on a
>> different PC), the '/tmp' directory does have different (more
>> permissive) permissions:
>>
>> sbox-CHINOOK_ARMEL: ~ > ls -ld /tmp
>> drwxrwxrwt  7 root root 4096 Oct 23 12:16 /tmp
>>
>> If there were some way for me to *really* sign into scratchbox as
>> 'root', maybe I could try to repair my Fedora operation.  However, I
>> would imagine that there are lots of other people out there running
>> scratchbox on Fedora, and can (hopefully) tell me what I have done wrong
>> (or what they did to fix this).  Are you running Fedora yourself?  Can
>> you check your '/tmp' permissions for me?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Dare

Hello!  I have just sent a reply to my previous reply :)  I have gotten
a bit further by 'cheating', but since you are a Fedora user, can you
confirm to me the things that I did (on my own) to 'fix' my problems?
e.g. what were/are *your* permissions on the '/tmp' directory?  Did you
have to 'zap' the '/proc/sys/vm/mmap_min_addr' file too?

BTW, I do have the i386 targets installed/configured (as per the docs).
Oh, the hoops that us non-Debian people have to jump through! :)

Dare