HI,

ext Darren Enns wrote:
>>> Hello!  I have just sent a reply to my previous reply :)  I have gotten
>>> a bit further by 'cheating', but since you are a Fedora user, can you
>>> confirm to me the things that I did (on my own) to 'fix' my problems?
>>> e.g. what were/are *your* permissions on the '/tmp' directory?  Did you
>>> have to 'zap' the '/proc/sys/vm/mmap_min_addr' file too?
>>>
>>> BTW, I do have the i386 targets installed/configured (as per the docs).
>>> Oh, the hoops that us non-Debian people have to jump through! :)
>>>
>> Which version of maemo are you running?
>>
>> In the latest one you get useful messages telling you that you need to
>> modify mmap_min_addr and vdso if needed.
>>
>> I haven't had any issues in Fedora 9 with Diablo.
>>

> Thanks for your response (and from the others as well!).  You mentioned
> those two issues, but what about the problem I had with permissions on
> '/tmp'?

I wonder whether your Scratchbox is properly set up.
For example on my (Debian Etch) machine:
------- outside sbox -------------
$ mount |grep tmp|grep scratch
/tmp on /home/scratchbox/users/sbuser/tmp type none (rw,bind)

$ ls -ld /tmp/
drwxrwxrwt 18 root root 20480 2008-10-24 15:36 /tmp/
[sbox-maemo4-armv5: ~] > ls -ld /tmp/
drwxrwxrwt  18 root root 20480 Oct 24 15:36 /tmp/

Is your Scratchbox /tmp bind-mounted from the system /tmp?

(This is normally done by the Scratchbox init script at bootup)

        - Eero