This is a problem since there may be various enhancements which are
part of an EXISTING interface.  Consider media codecs like ogg
support, or filesystems.  Or for example I ported WebDav so I have
access to my mac.com idisk from my tablet.  I could write a trivial
user/password popup, but that is the tail wagging the dog.

There needs to be at least one category visible (sans red-pill) in the
application manager for system enhancements which do not have
something DIRECTLY visible to the user.