I'm using Monodevelop for Vala development. It has project management,
syntax highlighting, code completion, build customization, SVN integration
and is lighter than Eclipse. I've set it up on F5 to run WAF build in
Scratchbox, transfer with scp and run with ssh directly on the tablet. Easy
and simple :) Downside is that you need to use 2.0 alpha 2 to have Vala
support and is not easy to get it running if you're not on openSUSE.

Regards:
Bundyo