> Is it possible to only install "aptitude" package without "apt" package
> on a Debian based distribution like Maemo ? apt-* utils are in the "apt"
> package, but apparently, "Depends:" of "aptitude" package does not
> require apt, but just somes libraries of APT system.
I think so: aptitude uses libapt, not apt it self, but 'wasting' disk
space on desktiop is minimal.
It looks like apt-* is directly used by Hildon Application Manager.

When I started porting aptitude on Maemo I supposed to use in mostly
in Scrachebox/Maemo SDK, not on real device.
I really hate apt-get/cache in Scratchbox (compare output of
'apt-cache search' and 'aptitude search' )

BR, Eugene Agafonov.