On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 3:50 PM, Jason Edgecombe
<ja...@rampaginggeek.com> wrote:

> Whoa! backup.
>
> Would someone else please confirm that freemantle will NOT run on the
> N800 or N810? This is the first that I have noticed this.

It is implied that official support won't be there, but it could be
made to work:

http://maemo.org/news/announcements/first_maemo_5_sdk_release_targeting_platform_developers/

QQQ

Maemo 5 comes today as an SDK only since it targets the OMAP3
architecture and no OMAP2 compatibility will be officially provided.
The revamped UI relying on graphics acceleration and the new
functionality built around the new supported hardware made it too
complex to keep the compatibility between both architectures.

This early release comes with an invitation to build variants based on
Maemo 5 compatible with existing hardware like the N800 and N810.
Maemo SW can't promise commercial quality for such configurations but
through maemo.org we are able to collaborate at a community level with
technical support, license changes and code.

QQQ

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio