Hi,

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 23:08 +0100, ext Javier S. Pedro wrote:

> neither the status bar "tooltip" nor the connection status application
> show the "signal" bar.

Hmm, interesting. They should request icd2 once a second for the updated
status, which would make icd2 query your network module. Maybe there's a
bug/feature when the network has a different type from WLAN_*...

> Thanks again. Putting sane values there fixed a problem I had with icd
> retrying the connection forever.

Also interesting. Those should not have anything to do with retrying a
connection. Could you file a hopefully detailed bug report to Bugzilla?

> I guess it would be possible to "hack"
> wpa_supplicant (yet again) so that it works with the pristine
> cx3110.ko, but I'm not a wireless-extensions guru.

There's also the option of using the open source wl1251(sp?) WLAN
driver, but that one still needs love and nutrients in order to replace
the cx* one.

Cheers,

        Patrik