2009/3/12 Patrik Flykt <patrik.fl...@nokia.com>:
> Hmm, interesting. They should request icd2 once a second for the updated
> status, which would make icd2 query your network module. Maybe there's a
> bug/feature when the network has a different type from WLAN_*...

Some built-in apps are doing just that (strcmping network_type with
WLAN_). That's not a problem (I can choose a new network_type easily)
but applications explicitly looking for "WLAN_INFRA" are (e.g. 'grep
WLAN_INFRA /usr/bin/modest.launch' matches).

I will later try switching the module's network_type to WLAN_WPA or
something like that, and get a full list of applications with
hardcoded WLAN_INFRA/WLAN_ADHOC.

>> Thanks again. Putting sane values there fixed a problem I had with icd
>> retrying the connection forever.
>
> Also interesting. Those should not have anything to do with retrying a
> connection. Could you file a hopefully detailed bug report to Bugzilla?

My fault -- I originally put some _really_ large timeout there, so
even after having been disconnected, icd thought the network was still
there, and tried to connect again. I believe this is reasonable icd
behavior according to the description you gave me.

Thank you all for your answers -- the NIT is now a much more useful
device for me :) . I will open an ITT thread with install/usage
instructions for this someday.