Hi , thanks to everyone for taking out the time and reviewing my
application.
Although I have not made any major changes. I hope this one has less number
of typos, I am sorry that I did not take care of it last time.
Changes made :
1.Well First i have changed the date at which my home exams may end to june
6th from May 30th. This is done as a precaution to any changes in the
schedule.
2. I have removed GUI interface as deliverable as yet , i might ofcourse do
it if I have time .
3. I have also restricted the project to EAN-13 barcodes only because
although zebra barcode offers other standards , how it shall perform with
the present camera would have to be tested . Also I think there are problems
with zebra's compatibily.
Also, On plausibility of the project for the cameras in N800  , N810 tablets
.
Well I think the Batoo toolkit performs fairly  well for 640 × 480 Camera.
At the same time one of the problems with Batoo is that it can only read
EAN-13.
Also , I would think that Glue code mentioned above would probably be
bindings between the current barcode framework and python.

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 11:34 PM, Valerio Valerio <vdv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 2009/3/25 amit sethi <amit.pureene...@gmail.com>:
> > Hi , thanks for the comments received here . Based on that i have
> submitted
> > a proposal . Please be kind and review and also please give suggestions
> as
> > to how it can be improved . I would also like to know. What could be my
> next
> > steps . And how I could start getting involved.
>
> The proposal reviews will start in the next Friday/Saturday. In the
> meantime you can learn more about Maemo, install the SDK[1] and read
> some docs[2] available in our website.
>
> [1] - http://maemo.org/development/sdks/
> [2] - http://maemo.org/development/training/
>
> Best regards,
>
> --
> Valério Valério
>
> http://www.valeriovalerio.org
>

> > On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Simon Pickering <
> s.g.picker...@bath.ac.uk>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Steffen,

> >> Thanks for the pointer. For maemo-barcode we currently use the main
> >> logic provided by the Batoo project
> >> (http://people.inf.ethz.ch/adelmanr/batoo/), but it looks like zebra
> >> decodes more types of 1D barcode so I'll have a look at it.

> is
> >>
> >> I'll try to get it compiled in the week.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >>

> >> Simon

> > --
> > A-M-I-T S|S