Hi,

I think we could have a better prioritization of the tasks of the
debmaster, if not for this sprint at least for the next(s).

http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo.org_Sprints/May_09 says

Run a test build of all Diablo Extras packages on Fremantle . Could.
"The fact that developers are porting packages themselves somewhat
obviates the need to me to do a lot of this."

... wouldn't this be the other way around? Developers have to port
themselves because there is no automatic build trying to push as much
packages as possible from Diablo?

"Reducing number of external repositories - contact outstanding owners"
appears as "should", which looks more like a Could compared to the other
task. Same for http://wiki.maemo.org/ITP - appears as Should, but it
could probably wait a month or two (first we have packages, then we have
the tool to search them)  ;)

Anyway, I think what developers need right now is direct support for
their packaging. The idea of hiring a debmaster came with the will to
save time and hassle to developers. For that high level tasks are
needed, but the primary work should be to offer direct support, and
getting your Diablo dependencies working already in Fremantle looks like
a very good and immediate help.

Or at least this is my humble opinion.  :)

--
Quim Gil