Did anybody ever stumble over my two wiki articles about this issue? ;-)
They are written from a no-real-clue-but-finally-got-it-working perspective,
which might shed a light on the problems these amateur developers (such as
myself) face on the platform.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Py2deb (accessed >3000 times?)
http://wiki.maemo.org/PyPackager (accessed > 4000 times?)

Perhaps they could also serve as the "foundation" for an advanced article or
get linked in the next blog that Jeremiah writes.

Thanks and best regards
-Tom

PS: Ok, now we have a debmaster. But could Nokia also sponsor a debslave? Would
come in handy :-)