Hi.

On Wed, 13 May 2009 10:43:17 +0200
Attila Csipa <ma...@csipa.in.rs> wrote:

> [snip]
>
> However, the app does not manage to start from the menu and I see no
> activity on dbus-monitor (it IS present in the task launcher,
> though). According to
> http://maemo.org/maemo_release_documentation/maemo4.1.x/node7.html#sec:maemo_new_app_adding_to_menu
> this should be enough...  What am I not seeing here ?

I imagine you have initialized the osso context in your application[1] ?
The tutorial is in C, in python it would be:
import osso
mycontext = osso.Context ('com.wackytabletproductions.pyqtoreader'
'your_app_version', False)

Also, a bit off-topic about your question but related to pyqtoreader. I
have tried look to the source of your application to reply with more
info at your question, but it seems that the modules in pyqtoreader.zip
are compiled even in the source [2], so I can't look it.

Two things, I think the source packages should have sources, and if you
are building a package against "architecture all" [3], it shouldn't have
the python modules compiled. The latter I am not sure, but could be
there are problems running it in x86 if it's compiled in arm?
And if these modules wouldn't be free, they shouldn't be in the free
section.

[1]
http://maemo.org/maemo_release_documentation/maemo4.1.x/node7.html#SECTION00792000000000000000

[2]