Hi,

i am really unsatisfied with bugs.maemo.org. The reason is simple: Just too many
bugs are just closed with WONTFIX which basically means: We understand and
acknowledge the problem, but we won't spend any time on it.

This would be acceptible if maemo would be a really open plattform and anybody
could just fix things. But that's not how maemo works and there's such a huge
number of bugs that never get fixed and the same issues appear ever now and then
again. I e.g. just filed bug 4630 and should have noticed myself that 1504 was
the same one filed june 2007. It was never fixed but was just WONFIX'd. And we
are not just talking about some weird feature. We are actually talking about
something being documented in the maemo api docs.

Why is there a bug reporting system if so many bugs end up with WONTFIX? This
doesn't make much sense to me.

Till (now thinking about ugly workarounds ...)