El mar, 09-06-2009 a las 13:22 +0200, Till Harbaum escribió:

> The coolest thing would of course be if selection can be enabled in a
> pannable
> are as well. If that's the case i wouldn't mind if you completely
> remove the built-in
> panning support from gtkhtml.
>
> If there are no plans for selection support in pannable areas, how is
> this then to be solved? Is the "fremantle xterm" solution the way to
> go?

A pannable area can't have support for "text selection", because it's
just a generic bin container. The only thing stopping you from doing
text selection is the "enabled" property being TRUE.

Whether we want to allow a certain gesture to turn "enabled" to FALSE is
a different question. It has to be considered that for some use cases of
the pannable area, you don't want it to be disabled at all (say, a
GtkTreeView inside a pannable area).

This discussion could sanely be moved to a bug report.

Claudio