On Jun 18, 2009, at 14:50, liuyp wrote:

Hi Conny and Amit,

when I open 2 terminals to run commands seperately, and change /tmp permission, i got something like this>
drwxrwxrwx  17 root root  4096 2009-06-18 15:17 tmp,

This is a bit suspect. On the debian machines that I checked, /tmp looks like:

 drwxrwxrwt  7 root     root     3391488 2009-06-18 16:10 tmp

Note the "t" at the end, the is the sticky bit, or rather the modern sticky bit for directories. From `man chmod`:

When the sticky bit is set on a directory, files in that directory may be unlinked or renamed only by root or their owner. Without the sticky bit, anyone able to write to the directory can delete or rename files. The sticky bit is commonly found on directories, such as /tmp, that are world-writable.

You want to make sure this is the case it your case, it seems to point to a fix for some of your problems. It is a bad idea in general to change the perms of /tmp.

then a GTK window come out, however there are many warnings at the same time....
you can see details as followings.

A lot of that you can ignore.

Anyway, this UI has appeared the first time since i have tried to get it almost one week.....

Yay!

if you have further hints, please help a bit.

Post specific questions about specific error messages you have received based on specific commands. That usually helps to get answers faster.

Jeremiah