On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 3:44 PM, Kees
Jongenburger<kees.jongenbur...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> There's absolutely no reason why not. Really, though, why don't we just open
>> source it so we don't have to deal with ANY of this insanity?
>
> There are other project the 0xffff flasher out there and not enough people
> tried and used it so what is the point?

Define "enough", please. I've certainly seen plenty of people getting
good use out of it, so it certainly seems like "enough" to me. If
you're expecting a mass migration from a functional, tested
manufacturer-provided to an 3rd-party solution of unknown quality
which provides little in the way of additional features, well, of
course it's not going to be "enough".

Really, the right question to be asking is "Why not?". The
justifications should be for keeping things closed, not making them
open.