Hi,

Some comments about opnesourcing flasher code below.

BTW I think flasher is the only closed source tool we have in maemo development
environment. Or at least I do not know any other binary only tool :).

Sorry no plans for that. I think the main reason being that we use some 3rd
party interfaces that cannot be published and because of that propably also
some source code.

This is also business related issue as being able to freely update maintenance
releases is of course the standard way of working but in commercial world being
able to flash freely also new platform release to old hw (as we have provided
in many cases) is not the standard way how or competitors work mainly befouse
it is a lot of work to support old hw.

Cheers,
//Jarmo