>On Mon, 2009-07-06 at 16:23 +0100, Aniello Del Sorbo wrote:
>> 2009/7/6 Andrea Grandi <a.gra...@gmail.com>:
>> What always stopped me from writing Qt application was that I had to
>> learn a new language to use it.
>> Of course the same reason applies the other way around.
>>
>> As much as I would love to learn Qt, I really hate C++.
>> And I don't want to rely too much on Python.
>
>If you plan to stay in the business as career software developer, then
>the ability and willingness to retool yourself with new language/OS is a
>must. Otherwise, you have a slim chance to make a living for yourself
>and your family. Let me see, Algol/IBM360, Fortran/IBM360, PL/1/IBM360,
>Pascal/PC, C/Win,UNIX, C++/Win,UNIX,Embedded, Java/* - you get the
>picture. And this barely covers first 15 years of paid experience. The
>army of software developers is expotentially growing in east europe,
>asia, china, india, and here is US and writing new languages has become
>extremely easy compare to the old days.

You must also see the thing from Nokia's view. To stay in leading position in
cellular busines, then ability to renew and respond to challanges is mandatory.

You now who are challangers with fancy animated UI and touch screen,
to respond this, Nokia need to take next generation toolkit  in use.
I rather see this as choice between Clutter and Qt. GTK+ is
previous generation toolkit.

Now Maemo and Symbian developers both are in same situation, they
need to learn new toolkit that has required feateres to compete
in market.

Kate