I´ve updated the wiki page with all the information that was provided in
this thread. If something is not clear, please feel free to update the page.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Using_Fremantle_Widgets#Automatic_Screen_Rotation

Thanks again to everyone who answered on this thread, especially Vlad
who was the first with a working solution. Also the source code of
omweather was very helpful. Big thanks to Kimmo too for the final
clarification :)

Cheers!
Conny