On Sep 7, 2009, at 21:41, Till Harbaum / Lists wrote:

> Hi,
>
> how can i prevent the autobuilder from using libs from extras-devel?

I don't think it does, I think it uses libs from the SDK. Ed and Niels
will correct me if I'm wrong.

> A user reported this:
>
>> I'm trying to upgrade to the latest version: 0.7.20-meaemo1 but I get
>> the following error: Missing application packages: libssl0.9.8 (>=
>> 0.9.8f-5)
>
> This is due to the fact that this lib is in extras-devel.

I don't understand. The user error says missing application packages,
you say is there. Could you be specific?

> Even worse: That
> lib collides with osso-version-rx44 (or so, i forgot the exact error
> message).

Hard to diagnose the problem without the error message.

> So how do i make the build process ignore that lib

If the lib is a dependency, you cannot ignore it.

> or how do i get it
> completely removed from extras-devel and how can i just rebuild that
> osm2go version?

I can remove a library if it is not being used by others. Try dpkg-
buildpackage for building debs.

Jeremiah