On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 08:41, Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik
<rus...@codemages.net> wrote:

> Frankly if this would become a standard I think there'll be atleast some
> people that will setup their own autobuilder to install to regular /usr
> or /usr/local.

Why do you care, as a user, where the package contents get installed?
I really struggle to think of any really compelling reason.

> I know I'll remove any traces of vfat and expand existing partitions so
> I'll be able to install normally.

Things will be installed into /opt transparently to the user using App
Mgr, apt or dpkg. The burden is on the packager, not the user.

> I wouldn't be opposed to having two repos opt and usr so that a user can
> make their own choice on how to do it. That way nobody would be limited
> to one or the other.

I really can't see this working, and don't understand the "limited to"
bit - or your desire to switch.

Cheers,

Andrew

--