On Sun, 2009-09-27 at 16:17 +0000, gary liquid wrote:
> how about getting rid of the borders and make it a more varied
> palette?
>
> a bright vibrant rainbow

I think it's better to have the colors separated like it is in Thomas
demo. The simple reason is, that sometimes you want to select the same
color several times. Now if you make them smaller and put them closer
together it's almost impossible to select the exact same color several
times.

> i am strongly against panning in a dialog like this though
> there is a time and a place for it and this wouldn't be one
>
> i also dont think there are any examples of panning color selectors on
> any os

I don't need panning, but I also don't think it would hurt (much). Let's
try doing it without.

> of course, this is only for the easy selector, we seem to agree on the
> dual standard/advanced level stuff.

Yes, a least I like it :)
Conny