>         I'm not completely sure what you're asking :) Could you
>         elaborate a bit
>         please.
>
> well, a simple dialog is one thing and thats what we appear to be
> rounding on now.
>
> but I'm sure over the years in the main libraries, options and flags
> and extra bits have been added to the dialogs and the api to account
> for usage cases.
> do we simply draw the line and say, this is a new community dialog
> library, or do we go the extra mile and try to accommodate all those
> little extra peculiarities which no doubt exist.

Well, HildonColorChooser and GtkColorSelection already have totally
different API. So I wouldn't even know which one of them to emulate.
Also Hildon and Gtk will still be around, so we can't develop a drop-in
replacement because the namespace is already taken. Therefore I think we
can go with our own API.

Other opinions?
Conny

http://maemo.org/api_refs/4.0/hildon/HildonColorChooser.html